Burn Permits


Burn permits are required in order to burn in the City limits of Vernon. Anyone wishing to burn in the City limits need to call 940-553-1782 or 940-552-2584 to request a Burn Permit. The Fire Marshal or his designee will conduct a site visit and issue a Burn Permit if the burning is allowed in accordance with City Ordinances.

Please call Fire Marshal Danny Rozzell at 940-553-1782 for further information on any of these programs.